Friday 28 June 2013

A Halloween Homicide by David W. Robinson





My thoughts on number three of the series:

A Halloween Homicide is a fast paced whodunit that keeps you reading on. I thought I had worked out most of the details quite early on but …I was wrong! Things happened that I wasn’t expecting. As with the first two STAC mysteries the plot, when revealed, seems very believable. Joe is becoming grumpier as the series goes on, so continuing to find him a likeable character was harder than with the other two of the series that I’ve read. Joe’s interaction with the cops is, at times, a treat and D.W. Robinson’s turn of phrase is continually entertaining.I've enjoyed all three mysteries but this one a little bit less than the other two- though it is still a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment